The Center for Philosophical Studies (CEF-PUCP) is an academic unit within the Academic Department of Humanities at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru. Its aim is to coordinate, promote, and disseminate philosophical research activities, both in theoretical dimensions and practical applications, in connection with the national and international philosophical community.
Our objectives are as follows:
- Promote research and debate on philosophical issues related to different fields of knowledge, social reality, and culture.
- Promote philosophical publications from PUCP and contribute to their dissemination by exchanging publications with colleagues and similar national and international institutions.
- Coordinate and enhance the work lines of professors from the Philosophy Section of the Department of Humanities at the University.
- Coordinate activities and research projects with different academic units of the University on interdisciplinary topics with philosophical relevance.
- Meet the demand of civil society, public institutions, international organizations, or other entities in matters related to philosophical reflection.
- Contribute to the process of internationalization of the University through continuous exchange with similar foreign institutions and by organizing internationally-reaching activities in the field of philosophy.
- Integrate undergraduate and graduate students from the Philosophy Specialty into research projects and various activities of CEF-PUCP members, and support them in organizing their own activities in the field of philosophy.